Prometheus 336 HD 5-20x 75mm
The Armasight Prometheus HD is a family of Thermal Imaging monoculars with professional 75mm and 100mm Germanium (Ge) High Definition objective lenses. The Prometheus product line is based on the latest FLIR Tau 2 VOx microbolometer core technology, and includes several different models, each optimizing performance, price, and state-of-the-art capabilities for a variety of uses and missions. The Prometheus HD is a solid-state, uncooled, long-wave infrared, magnified, dedicated handheld thermal imager intended for day and nighttime missions.
The Prometheus HD Thermal Imaging monoculars are characterized by their simple but intuitive controls, functions, and features that are layered among direct button adjustments, direct combination button functions, and electronic menu selections. The Prometheus has the ability to record imagery and is equipped with video-out capabilities.
The Prometheus HD Thermal Imaging monocular represents one of the most sophisticated devices for long-range observation on the market today, due to its superior price-to-performance value.
- Special User-Adjustable Imaging Tools
- Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE) – a digital “Contrast” correction that allows for a smart scene optimization based on dynamic adjustments where a variety of contrast levels occur depending on relative scene temperature.
- Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) – a “Sharpness” correction that is digitally enhances the picture to present clearer imagery, significantly improves edge sharpening and further reduces image noise.
- Smart Scene Optimization (SSO) – a fine-tuning computational correction that significantly improves an overall visual acuity for targets that have thermal signatures similar to a surrounding background.
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) – a “Gain” correction that used to automatically adjust the gain to an appropriate range, the weaker the image signal, the stronger the gain.
- User-Controlled Manual Non-Uniformity Correction/Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC/FFC). There is a mechanical shutter between the camera sensor and the lens. This shutter is used to perform a non-uniformity correction (NUC) also known as flat-field correction (FFC. During FFC, the shutter presents a uniform temperature source to each detector element in the array. While imaging the flat-field source, the camera updates the offset correction coefficients, resulting in a more uniform image after the process is complete. All Prometheus HD models allow for user to manually trigger or interrupt scheduled UCMNUC/FFC function.
- Silent Shutterless NUC ™ (SSN) – In addition to user controlled manual NUC/FFC all Prometheus HD models employ a digital supplemental non-mechanical flat-field correction that allows to extend the periods between mechanical shutter events and to further reduce image noise. SSN is always ON enhancement.
- Multiple versions with optical magnifications ranging from 3x to 8x
- 75mm and 100mm F1.0 Germanium objective lens options
- High-performance thermal imaging camera
- Lightweight and robust design
- Easy to operate
- Manually adjustable eyepiece and objective lens
- Real-time display
- Digitally controlled features:
- Display Brightness
- Electronic Magnification
- User-Controlled Manual Non-Uniformity Correction/ Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC/ FFC)
- Current operational state information display (battery status, active profile, palette setting)
- Wireless remote control
- Analog video input and output (NTSC/PAL)
- Powered by two standard CR123A batteries
- Power input capability
- Digital video recorder (optional)
- Serviceability under severe conditions
- Filled with dry nitrogen to prevent internal fogging
- Water and fog-resistant
- Limited 3-year warranty
- 10-year warranty on FLIR detector
|Refresh Rate||30 Hz or 60 Hz (see price difference)|
|Magnification (NTSC/PAL)||5.3× / 6.3×|
|Objective Lens Type||Germanium|
|Type of Focal Plane Array||FLIR Tau 2|
|Pixel Array Format||336×256|
|Pixel Size||17 µm|
|Display Type||AMOLED SVGA 060|
|Pixel Display Format||800×600|
|Display Brightness||Discretely Adjustable to 8 Levels|
|Turn-on Time, max||3 sec|
|Digital Zoom||1x, 2x and 4x|
|Image Palettes||White Hot, Black Hot, Fusion, Rainbow, Globow, Ironbow 1, Ironbow 2, Sepia, Color 1, Color 2, Ice-Fire, Rain, and OEM Custom|
|Analog Input and Output Format (resolution)||PAL (768×574 pixels)/ NTSC (640×480 pixels)|
|Video Recording||Optional Digital Video Recorder with SD card slot|
|SPECIAL USER-ADJUSTABLE IMAGING TOOLS:|
|Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE) - “CONTRAST”||Yes|
|Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) – “SHARPNESS”||Yes|
|Smart Scene Optimization (SSO) – “SMART SCENE”||Yes|
|Automatic Gain Control (AGC)||Yes|
|User-Controlled Manual Non-Uniformity Correction/Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC/FFC)||Yes|
|Silent Shutterless NUC ™ (SSN)||Yes|
|Objective Focal Length||75 mm|
|Field of View (ang.)||4.3° x 3.2°|
|Exit Pupil Diameter||14 mm|
|Eye Relief||25 mm|
|Focusing Range||5m to inf.|
|Diopter Adjustment Range||±5 diopter|
|Battery||Two CR123A 3V Lithium batteries or CR123 type rechargeable batteries with voltage from 3.0V to 3.7V (2)*
* Rechargeable batteries with voltage 3.0V-3.7V can be used only in devices with serial number starting from 140885
|Battery Life at 20 °C (68 °F)||Up to 4 hr (optional up to 12 hrs)|
|Extended Battery Pack||Two 18650 rechargeable batteries (3.7V), four CR123 rechargeable batteries with voltage 3.7V max, or four standard CR123A 3V Lithium batteries (operational time up to 8 hr)|
|External Power Supply||6 VDC/ 600mА|
|Operating Temperature||-40° to +50°C (-40° to +122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-50° to +70°C (-58° to +158°F)|
|Impact Loading||700 g|
|Environmental Rating||Water and Fog-Resistant|
|Overall Dimensions||220 x 89 x 89mm (8.6 x 3.5 x 3.5 in)|
|Weight (w/o Batteries)||0.86 kg (1.9 lbs)|
|Warranty on FLIR Detector||10 Years|
|* All data subject to change without notice.|